- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Principal Cable Engineer
To work within the Networks Discipline, reporting to the Team Leader of Interconnectors, to be the Technical Lead on all aspects related to High Voltage DC cables.
The role is going to be home based, but will require the odd visit to the office in Newcastle. The duration is 5/6 weeks and rates are negotiable. Experience working with DC Cable's is essential.
- Provide Technical Leadership for the successful delivery of multi discipline Interconnector projects,
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with the contract to the satisfaction of the client,
- Ensure that relevant Health and Safety risks are identified, made known to the project team and properly managed,
- Ensure projects are delivered in line with programme, quality and margin,
- Actively develop external and internal client relationships,
- Complete and conform to internal procedures including financial status reports, project reviews and risk register,
- Contribute to project planning and scheduling ensuring that any deviations are identified and confirmed with the client in a timely manner,
- Provide technical management coordination of any subcontractors and resources remote from the core project team,
- Ensure that technical risks are identified and mitigated,
- Ensure that all statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- Actively take part in Industry working groups such as CIGRE, IEEE.
- Actively develop external and internal relationships
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant technical discipline.
- Extensive experience in the design, manufacture and test of XLPE and MI cables for use in HVDC projects both onshore and offshore.
- An understanding of IEC cable standards and CIGRE technical policies, its suite of technical specifications and supporting documentation, and the capability to fulfil a role as a cable expert.
- Experience of witnessing of 3rd party cable activities such as test, installation, transport etc.
- Extensive experience of large, technically complex cable projects.
- Understand both the needs of the client and the business when delivering a major project with a focus on margin and contract compliance.
- Proven ability of communicating complex technical or commercial issues to peers or senior managers
- Proven international experience
- Commercial awareness and financial control of projects. Contractual awareness and understanding of programmes and scheduling. A commitment to project delivery and success.
- Experience of serving on Working Groups and Technical committees such as CIGRE and IEEE
- Have attained or are working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Prepared to travel as projects dictate.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Meet the man who helped build the world’s longest tunnel
It takes a lot to build the world’s longest tunnel. One man who played a significant role in the Mont Blanc tunnel recounts...
- A girl guide’s mission to promote engineering
Girl Guides around the world are getting more engaged with STEM subjects, with new achievement badges being created for scie...