- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
New Product Introduction Business Unit Manager
New Product Introduction Business Unit Manager is required for a well established Aerospace company based with the Sheffield region.
To manage the operationalisation of New Product Introduction from contract review through to successful validation & optimisation of the product or process. This is to include, but is not limited to:
- Providing input into the creation of the CCW
- Communicating with all relevant departments and personnel within the business to ensure that project requirements are achieved
- Ensuring the defined methods & processes are within the scope of the Doncasters HSE policy
- Communicating with customers and suppliers
- Being the gate signatory for Operations, ensuring the defined objectives are fully achieved at each stage of the process
Ensuring the Process Planning is correctly defined by:
- Understanding the volume of required resources to support development trials & the projected volume ramp up including scoping the required skills, capabilities, recruitment/ training plans & any equipment / process capacity requirements
- Reviewing the defined process within the CCW
- Reviewing the creation, amendment and control of the manufacturing routings, & bills of material
- Developing & implementing operational SOP's & technique sheets
- Reviewing the allocated standard hour content within manufacturing routings to facilitate monitoring of operational efficiency
- Reviewing capacity planning based on the defined standard hours
- Ensuring the defined tooling, data cards, manufacturing stage drawings, CNC programs, CMM programs, are capable of delivering a repeatable conforming product
- Defining & implementing process optimisation through the project ramp up
- Ensuring that the defined methods of manufacture meet the latest customer specifications and requirements.
To coordinate Changes and Document Control during the project:
- To support the assessment of changes to customer or third party technical requirements to identify the potential impact
- To communicate the change through relevant departments within the Operations
- Control and release of technical documentation to Operations to ensure that it is available at the point of use.
To coordinate the Operational element of the contract review process, monitor status against deployed KPIs
To identify Capital Investment requirements through identification, justification and introduction of new equipment and technologies.
To ensure that the business plan and customer requirements are met.
To continually seek improvement of working practices and to exceed any targets and standards set.
To ensure correct levels of skills & capabilities by defining & implementing training / development plans. Assist in the training of other personnel as required
To behave in a way that is consistent with the organisation's competencies and the expectations for the role through:
- Complying with organisational policies, procedures and working practices;
- Attending and leading meetings as necessary for the delivery of organisational and personal objectives;
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate for the role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- The engineering behind your summer holiday
On the busiest day in UK airspace, a record number of passengers are set to take to the UK skies for their summer getaway. B...
- Top 50 women in engineering under 35
Over 500 nominations but only 50 women could make it onto the list. Find out who made the cut in our article.