- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Assistant Wastewater Modeller - Cardiff
Our client is seeking to appoint an Assistant Wastewater Modeller to join their team in Cardiff. You will ideally have knowledge and experience in the use of Infoworks CS / ICM
As a credible member of the Waste Water Modelling Team you will:
- Work closely with the other members of the Smart Hub Modelling Function.
- Assist the senior modeller in the checking and approving of externally produced model stock.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the waste water Hydraulic Model Library.
- Provide modelling support to various business functions ensuring their modelling requirements are met.
As Assistant Hydraulic Modeller you will:
- Support the modelling function by liaising with data providers/data teams within the wider business such as Operations/GIS/SAP/External contractors from all business management and data collection systems.
- The successful candidate will be required to assist in the delivery of the Waste Water Modelling strategy ensuring optimised model management.
- Working as part of a team you will be involved in a variety of work-streams, including model build & verification, utilising models to gain an understanding of system performance and providing solutions to potentially alleviate the network issues.
- Assist in the management of the Hydraulic Model Library.
- Undertake data integrity checks to ensure the model data-base is managed in line with business needs and maintenance strategy implementation.
- Liaise with relevant internal departments and external framework partners/contractors.
- Assist the senior modeller in the management and delivery of the AMP5 Sustainable Drainage Plan (SDP) programme.
- Assist the senior modeller in the production of modelling specification documents.
- Assist in the preparation of scoping and cost estimates for hydraulic modelling.
- Provide modelling support to Developer Services to assess the impact of new developments on the network and provide solutions to mitigate the effects of the development.
- Contribute to detailed technical reports supporting modelling activities.
Experience, Qualifications & Skills
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering, Science or other relevant subject
- A member or working towards membership of a relevant institution i.e. ICE, CIWEM
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in wastewater hydraulic modelling with proven expertise in model build, calibration and design, with good working experience of Infoworks CS or similar package
- A working knowledge of GIS tools and other industry standard software
- A working knowledge of wastewater network and treatment processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...