- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Senior Hydraulic Modeller
As a Senior Hydraulic Modeller you will be the technical expert leading an in house team providing support across our business to ensure modelling requirements are met.
What you'll be responsible for
1. Management and maintenance of the Waste Hydraulic Model Library, providing central governance.
2. Leading a small team of engineers working as part of a specialised team within the Smart Hub Function.
3. Developing close links to the Smart Hub, Network and Treatment Teams, Asset Performance, Asset Management, Asset Strategy and Developer Services teams to understand their requirements.
4. Researching modelling requirements, prioritising schemes to deliver service improvements through system knowledge.
5. Acting as scheme manager, checker and/or approver of internal and external built models to ensure consistency across all model stock.
6. Working with Smart Hub teams to develop innovative uses of hydraulic modelling knowledge, processes and output.
7. Working with Local Asset management to develop and implement network modelling strategy and capability.
8. Supporting the development and drive the implementation of relevant Smart Hub programme items and projects
9. Input into and management of the AMP6 and AMP7 SDP and Modelling plans in support of business needs
10. Taking ownership for individual scheme and programme modelling in line with business needs.
11. Supporting developer services to assess the impact of new developments on the network.
12. Ensuring that network capacity is maintained to meet future demands (with Asset teams).
13. Providing appropriate information to support asset improvement activities
14. Continually improve business processes within the Smart Hub modelling team
15. Supporting the Efficiency and Systems teams to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of automated control activities.
16. Extending the use/benefit of models into operational use, catchment analysis, investment planning.
17. Any other duties that may be required to meet business needs.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.