- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Civil Engineer (Wastewater) - Newcastle
Our client, a leading engineering consultancy in the UK water sector, is seeking to appoint a Principal Civil Engineer (Wastewater) to join their team in Newcastle.
This is a chance to join our clients team in Newcastle providing support in the delivery of wastewater infrastructure projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet client expectations.
As a senior member of the Design Team the Principal Engineer role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Civil Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to wastewater network infrastructure in line with our clients' strategic direction. The role holder will also support the Framework Manager and Office Lead as part of the local line management team providing support and guidance to staff based in the local office.
Experience within the water industry with a focus on the design of wastewater network solutions
Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
Undertake scoping and design, and provide ongoing support to Delivery Partners during the construction and commissioning of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
Undertake technical review and approval of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications produced by other Engineers.
Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
Work collaboratively within an integrated team environment to deliver design solutions
Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
Liaise with client and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
Undertake Line Management responsibilities for members of the Civil Engineering discipline
Provide coaching and career mentoring to developing engineering professionals
Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE
- Experience in water industry and in particular in the design of wastewater networks and associated assets.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
- Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordancce with QA and H&S procedures.
- Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently.
- Experienced team and line manager with ability to support and manage project team members.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring Engineers within a discipline group.
- Ability to develop an environment where values and behaviours are embraced as part of the organisation's culture.
- Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team - both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
- Excellent client service focus
- Flexible approach to work
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.