- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Consultant Flood Risk Specialist
My client is currently seeking a Flood and Coastal Risk Management Specialist for their Flood Risk and Water Management Team based in their Peterborough, Manchester and Sheffield offices.
About the role
They are seeking a candidate with a strong engineering and/or analytical background who can contribute to the delivery of complex flood risk projects and working closely within a team of specialists. Someone who is driven to progress their careers and contribute to the development of more junior staff and growth of the team. The candidate should have experience of working in the engineering and flood risk sector and some of the hydraulic modelling, hydrology and GIS software that we use.
What you will do:
- Hydraulic modelling of river, sewer or coastal processes
- Flood Estimation Handbook hydrological analysis methods, including the Statistical Analysis method, ReFH and with use of the FEH CD-ROM V3 and WinFAP V3 and must have applied these to a wide range of rural and urban catchments
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues and work co-operatively across functions and business units to deliver joint projects, share information and ideas
- Work closely with senior staff to enable delivery of the wider teams workload
- Manage the delivery of packages of works and be provided training in project management
- Provide technical support of more junior staff and undertake quality assurance reviews
- Mentor support more junior staff to aid in their professional development
Your experience will include:
- Masters level qualification in engineering or relevant environmental science
- Experience of working within a team and able to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Extensive experience of hydraulic modelling software packages (ISIS/Flood Modeller/Tuflow/InfoWorks ICM) and relevant supporting software packages (SMS, MapInfo, ArcGIS and / or QGIS), and/or hydrological analysis including FEH and ReFH
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.