- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Project Quantity Surveyor
The main purpose for a Project Quantity Surveyor is to achieve maximum recovery and cash flow whilst also developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the client.
Various Locations: London, Medway, Luton, Windsor
Overall Role Purpose:
- Looking at the detail of all costs and keeping them to a minimum whilst maintaining excellent relationships with the supply chain - subcontractors, suppliers.
- Being the key commercial contact on site to help support, advise and develop all members of staff on both commercial and contractual matters.
- Making sure there are no out of period costs and value on the contract.
- Ensuring the contract WIP is under 75% of turnover
- Highlight any risks identified to the project manager / senior surveyor and discuss and implement resolutions to mitigate risks.
- Place Subcontract orders and compliance with the conditions of sub-contract
- Ensure appropriate form of Subcontract conditions are used
- Ensure all subcontractor documents are valid at all times - Insurances, CIS.
- Managing the procurement of Subcontractors - analysis of tenders, sign off form
- Managing all contractual matters relating to Subcontractor accounts
- Negotiate and agree subcontractor rates and prices
- Subcontractor written instructions are issued for each task order
- Resolve disputes with the subcontractors
- Process subcontractor payments
- Ensure all relevant supporting documents are provided with each subcontractor payment certificate
- Completing the subcontractor liability sheet
- Site measurement and account agreement
Main Contract Management
- On site measures
- Entering all the measures onto SMART
- Ensuring all site records are kept in accordance with the SMP
- Identify and manage variations.
- Manage commercial and contractual matters with the client
- Compile and submit AFPs to the client - hard copy/WDM
- Track certification and payment of accounts
- Resolve disputes with the client
- Prepare, submit and agree variations with the client
- Prepare, submit and agree quotations for sundry incomes - working with Project Manager
Contract Performance Reporting
- Prepare and present monthly cost value reconciliation (CVR) report and forecast
- Checking the transaction reports
- Ensuring all costs are reported through the correct heading in the CVR - L,P,M,CA, Subcontract and Prelims
- Uploading the cost months into CVR to prepare Invoice accruals and PO accruals
- Compile QS adjustments
- Prepare accurate report for Subcontractor liabilities and recovery
- Ascertain monthly valuation through SMART
- Ensuring contract receipts on the transaction report are reconciled at all times
- Ensuring debts older than three months is clearly identified, reported and dealt with.
- Ensuring up to date certification figures are reported
- Ensuring sundry incomes are reported separately from the main contract
- Ensuring all positive WIPs are reported
- Ensuring all sundry income WIPs are reported separately from the main contract
- Identify out of period costs and value
- Analysis of variances between actual and forecast results
- Prepare, review and update contract forecast - working with Project Manager
- Purchase orders are raised correctly by site team
- Checking and authorise purchase ledger invoices
- Ensure all subcontractor contra charges are accurate and up-to-date
- On-going site administration for SMART
- Commercial site owner on SMART
- Development request details to SMART administration team
- On-going development of SMART - SMART ADMIN - ICT
- Ensuring all contract KPIs are completed and sent to the client within the correct time scale
- Ensuring all client financial reports are prepared and presented
- Ensuring all KPI logs are kept up to date and sent to the client weekly
Ensuring the client status report is prepared and sent weekly to the client
Delegated Authority: The decisions that the role holder is allowed to make
- Agreeing accounts with client's representatives and subcontractors
- Authorising purchase ledger invoices
- Authorising subcontractor payment certificate
- Placing subcontractor order (entire contract value up to £10k)
- SMART development - site level
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
- On site experience of 10 + years of maintenance contracts
- Experience of onsite measures
- NEC form of contract and subcontract conditions
- Managing others
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Highways
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...