- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Embedded Software Engineer
We are currently looking for experienced software engineers to join the team in Stockport. Successful candidates will be focused on Embedded C on a Linux platform.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions is responsible for the products and services Bosch deliver to the automotive industry. In more than 140 countries we offer spare parts, technical information and training as well as diagnostic hardware, software and services, all used in the analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
We are currently looking for experienced software engineers to join the Telediagnosis team in Stockport. Successful candidates will be focused on the adaption of our embedded Telediagnosis platform to deliver Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) solutions for customers.
Your contribution to something big
- Working as part of a small team, you will be involved in the design and definition of complex software solutions deployed on vehicles
- Collaborating with engineering teams across various Bosch divisions, you will construct dependable solutions that seamlessly integrate functionality from disparate software systems
- Your focus will be the enhancement of our Telediagnosis platform, helping define and develop the next generation such that it continues to satisfy the requirements of existing customers while being flexible and extensible enough to meet the needs of future customers
- Embedded software components developed by you will be widely ported to many embedded hardware devices and architectures, such as Bosch's own Car Communication Unit (CCU) or Central Gateway (CGW), or to alternative non-Bosch devices as directed by our customer
- When required you will help our customers understand the possibilities of what can be achieved through introduction of the Telediagnosis platform to their vehicles, working with them to develop and document their use cases What distinguishes you
- You are a professional software engineer and have proven experience of working in a commercial software development environment, predominantly gained while using C and C++ to develop software for embedded Linux operating systems
- You are a self-motivated, forward looking team player who can prioritise and organise effectively
- You are familiar with modern embedded software methods and principles and are happy to work in an agile way to deliver high quality code and corresponding unit tests
- You have a proven ability to enhance and debug legacy code and a willingness to take ownership of complex software systems
- You have proven experience in translating requirements into appropriate system and sub-system designs at the component level, applying design patterns and object oriented principles as necessary, capturing designs in UML models and detailed specification documents
- You have strong technical and analytical skills and are comfortable working with internal and customer teams to elicit and capture requirementsNormal office working conditions apply. Travel is infrequent, but when necessary will include travel to international destinations.
Multiple positions for experienced software engineers are available.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering Technology
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...