- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client is looking for an Environmental Engineer in their Proposals and Risks Department based in Dorking.
Qualifications and experience:
- Required: Degree in an environmental or science subject
- Desirable: Masters in an environmental or science subject,
- Chartered or on route be becoming chartered, with a relevant professional institute.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing and managing environmental strategies, policies and action plans that support corporate environmental obligations and wider sustainable development practices
- Advising management, in the development and continued compliance of relevant new and existing, UK and international environmental management legislation, regulation and auditable standards
- To help ensure the scope and legal obligations of the company's international contractual environmental activities, terms and agreements effectively identifying and mitigating relevant exposures, are concurrence with existing corporate, national, supranational legislation and GIIP (good international industry practice)
- Working collaboratively with a range of in-house specialists, manage and coordinate Environmental Impacts Assessments undertaken by 3rd party specialists and/or develop Environmental Management Plans for the design and construction phases of infrastructure projects.
- To maintain our assessments to an appropriate level to the requirements of a project but also with consideration to the contracting entity executing the works.
- To have a practical rather than a text book approach to the requirements.
- Applying all aspects of resource and energy efficiencies supporting operational sustainability, pollution control, waste management and recycling processes, reinforcing conservation ecology and wider ecosystem resilience within my clients overseas projects
- Coordinating meetings, on environmental and social issues providing all associated reporting and monitoring therein
- To establish annual functional budget requirements, plan, source and substantiate goods and services to meet projected developments and manage environmental service provider's ongoing activities and payments against deliverables
- Ensuring the application of our corporate activities are (where commercially practicable) undertaken, it is sustainably and periodically reviewed and reported in line with corporate policy and applicable legislation
- Advising the Procurement and Shipping Manager on sustainable procurement and shipping for all goods and services
- Knowledge and experience:
- Strong team player with first-class organisation and communication skills and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to check and review complex documents and summarise and present the key issues in a clear and concise way, understandable to non-specialists.
- Excellent depth and breadth of knowledge of environmental legislation, guidance, and technical specialisms, e.g. requirements for ecology surveys; consents and permits; noise and air quality assessments and controls; landscape and visual impact assessments.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to contribute towards strengthening existing or developing new relationships with clients.
- Experienced in meeting with and managing clients' needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Able to work within a team and motivate others to deliver to high standards, on time and to budget.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges
- Proven record of project and/or team management
3. Internal business processes:
- Continuously improve on accuracy of information
- Adhere to company procedures
- Assist in updating company procedures and processes as required
4. Health safety and environment:
- Monitor and enforce the latest health and safety procedures, regulations and legislation
- Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities and ensure a safe working environment for all staff
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.