- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Principal Bridge Engineer
Our client is an independent practice of engineers, planners, scientists, and economists delivering major development and infrastructure projects who delivier prestigious local projects and exciting developments nationwide and overseas.
They are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Principal Engineer to provide a multi-disciplinary lead on bidding and managing framework opportunities and other infrastructure projects including bridge schemes.
This role will be joining the established bridges team in Reading.
The ideal Candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic engineer and must have Chartered Engineer status (MICE or MIStructE).
Roles & Requirements:
* A thorough understanding of London Underground procedures and processes
* An ability to manage other disciplines including M&E and Architecture
* Ability to develop business with London Underground and other TfL Directorates with the assistance of others
* Excellent communication and networking skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Strong analytical skills and significant experience in the design, checking and assessment of bridges, retaining structures and foundations, with problem solving ability
* Experience in Eurocodes and/or BS 5400 (Eurocodes preferred)
* Ability to manage time and resources working on multiple concurrent projects work independently and attend client/project meetings
* Leading the preparation of bids
* Managing the work output effectively across disciplines to meet client brief, budget and programme requirements
* Overseeing the design, checking and assessment of bridges, retaining structures and foundations
* Liaising with the Project Director to establish a clear definition of the project requirements
* Mentoring graduate engineers
* Coordinating the technical aspects of the projects, including reports, calculations and drawings in accordance with the Practice's QMS, EMS and H&S procedures
Flexible working arrangements are available to suit individual needs.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?