- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for a Traffic Engineer to join a busy team on a contract basis.
THIS ROLE IS INSIDE OF IR35
Design, consultation, legal process, works ordering and supervision for a range of Traffic Management projects, including:
- Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) for Parking restrictions, speed/width/weight limits or turning movements - some associated with new developments
- Minor traffic/highway improvement schemes
- Pedestrian crossing improvements (both controlled and uncontrolled)
- Traffic sign/marking schemes
- Vehicle activated signs
- Disabled parking bays and Access Protection Markings
- Responding to a variety of traffic-related correspondence, including site assessments and/or research, e.g. (but not an exclusive list):
- Parking restriction enquiries, including residents permit schemes
- Speed limit requests and speeding issues
- Pedestrian improvement requests
- Lorry management problems (including new developments)
- School Safety/Traffic concerns
- Road Safety issues, including suggestions of 'waiting for accidents to happen'
- Priority to responding to MP and Councillor enquiriesExperience/knowledge of TRO processes - especially within a Civil Parking Enforcement environmentKnowledge of booking works on the highway network/NRSWAFamiliarity with temporary TRO processFamiliarity with PARKMAP, AUTOCAD, KEYSIGNS, MAYRISE and ACCSMAPS software packagesEnsuring own personal safety and that of site operatives/public generallyMembership of relevant professional body (e.g IHT/IHE) preferred
- Ability to prioritise own workload and assess relative merits of requests for traffic improvements, whether safety-related or otherwise
- Undertake site inspections ensuring compliance of works to specification
- Familiarity with highway maintenance duties and typical operations
- Basic understanding of legal agreements (s.278, s.38) and highway adoption process
- Knowledge of design standards including TSRGD, TSM, and general highway design and traffic/highway Law.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.