- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Hardware Systems Engineer
A Hardware Systems Engineer to be a part of the Shared Infrastructure (SI) Hardware Team working on the development of SI systems for the Royal Navy.
The role will initially be to assist with the setup and installation of COTS hardware but there is scope here for a variety of hardware tasks to be undertaken across the lifecycle as the work progresses across multiple projects.
* Hands on hardware building & cabinet wiring - racks, servers, blades, chassis etc.
* Installation of hardware at land based sites and on board royal navy ships
* Involvement in EGP production
EGP is Equipment Guidance Pack - a technical document to describe what environment (e.g. power, mounts, air con etc. etc.) is required for a system on a platform.
* Multi-site working - New Malden, Portsmouth, Plymouth - required
* Potential involvement in hardware design aspects
* Knowledge and experience in designing with COTS hardware
* Knowledge of EMC and environmental (shock, vibration, cooling) control measures applied to equipment containing COTS items to meet military specifications
* Good documentation skills
* An excellent team player with strong communication skills, and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly learn on the job
* Knowledge of the currently deployed Naval systems based on COTS technology
SC clearance required from the outset.
Role can be either New Malden or Broad Oak based with travel as necessary.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.