- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Tornado Senior Systems Test Engineer x4
Four Systems Test Engineers are required to join BAE Systems in Warton.
An opportunity exists on the D&C/IMRS Sub System test team to develop and run subsystem test scripts using both virtual and real hardware test environments. This role will support the delivery of Eurofighter Typhoon Displays and Controls and Integrated Monitoring and Recording System software product deliveries on all major development contracts. Key areas of responsibility will include:
1. For a given test phase, determine the aircraft configuration, test purpose and detailed test actions.
2. Perform requirements capture analysis of the D&C/IMRS design (FRD and Cockpit) and develop tests cases in accordance with the QPP.
3. Define detailed tests to satisfy test plan requirements, using appropriate FRD, LPS, cockpit and ICD data.
4. Develop tests to check the installation of every D&C/IMRS LRI. Tests to be developed from the A/C Series 1 drawings and the FRD/LPS and ICD.
5. Develop acceptance test procedures for Test Rig Computing Equipment, to demonstrate formal acceptance of the test equipment.
6. Support development of formal test definitions for the Test Rig Computing Facilities. Test definition to include the required data bus ICD configuration, simulations and scripts.
7. Support and perform sub-system testing in accordance with RFTs / Test Procedures.
8. Support and report the findings of the testing in a suitable test report and raise SPRs as required.
9. Ensure that at all times work in both office and laboratory environments is conducted in a safe manner with due consideration to others.
10. To ensure that own work is prioritised to maximise effectiveness and that all tasks are complete on schedule.
11. To attend regular team meetings and actively participate in group discussions.
The successful candidates will:
Have EXCELLENT Microsoft Excel and Word and a good knowledge of Powerpoint. ESSENTIAL Communication, Team Working and Motivation Skills. HND/Degree in the relevant area.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Meet the man who helped build the world’s longest tunnel
It takes a lot to build the world’s longest tunnel. One man who played a significant role in the Mont Blanc tunnel recounts...
- A girl guide’s mission to promote engineering
Girl Guides around the world are getting more engaged with STEM subjects, with new achievement badges being created for scie...