- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
My client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who has experience within the UK water industry.
You will be responsible for
- Mechanical schedules and data sheets, including pipe and valve schedules
- Engineering calculations (hydraulic calculations, pump hydraulic calculations, carbon calculations, TOTEX calculations, etc.)
- Particular specifications for mechanical engineering sub contracts.
- Material selection and technical bid analysis.
- Assist whenever needed to the completion of as-built records for O&M production
- The mechanical elements of standard designs and products to aid repeatability within designs, supporting the Benefits by Design and Industrialised Construction initiatives
- Supporting the Mechanical Engineering Team and supply chain's journey to move to BIM/PLM delivery for all projects
- Reviews of associated supply chain capability relating to mechanical engineering
- The mechanical engineering elements of establishing new frameworks and best in class agreements with the supply chain
- The development & improvement of mechanical design processes & procedures to ensure design quality, consistency & repeatability
- Support efficient out-sourcing and off-shoring to expand our technical capability, improve design efficiency & manage peaks in workload
- Knowledge, understanding and implications of Anglian Waters Minimum Asset Standard (MAS).
Experience and Qualification
- Experience of Water and Waste Water treatment processes
- Full understanding of mechanical conceptual design & optioneering
- Full understanding of mechanical detailed design
- Minimum 3 years wastewater experience
- Ability to perform hydraulic calculations
- Experience at supervising sub-contract design
- Full Driving Licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.