- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
The chance to work on a world-leading Marine Electronics Design team, researching and conceptualising new ideas for the User Interfaces for their impressive range of Electronics Products.
An exciting and influential opportunity has arisen to join the User Interface team. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, self-starter, who will be involved across the whole design life-cycle, and be able to have the confidence to ensure their user experience ideas are executed.
The role will give the chance to interface with and work in a collaborative environment alongside, the company's Product Managers, Engineers and Test team, translating user requirements and ensuring the User Experience is as intended.
Depending on the candidate's experience, the role will entail the following:
- Liaise with GPMs, Sales, Support and End-users to understand User Requirements
- Create UI concepts based on marketing specifications, identified opportunities or needs
- Create Lo-Fi UI models/prototypes.
- Organise concept reviews with stakeholders to refine and agree design approach
- Test concepts with users/user representatives
- Develop detailed design and draft user interface specifications to allow design intent to be implemented
- Maintain specifications and design history throughout the design life cycle
- Provide support to engineering to ensure design intent is correctly implemented
- Provide support to test team to ensure design intent is correctly tested and specifications are maintained against released code.
- Maintain awareness of competitive products and market trends
- Maintain awareness of design industry trends and principles
- Conduct workshops, reviews, usability tests, user interviews, and surveys
- Office OA, design packages and basic prototyping/wireframing
- Experience in user interface design, ideally in a mobile/ consumer electronics company or design consultancy
- Creative, user-focused approach to design
- Understanding of user experience design, information communication, human behaviour, interactive graphic design (although creating graphics is not part of the role).
- Excellent communications skills. Ability to work well with other designers and communicate design rationale to other business functions
- Proven ability to work at concept level and deliver detailed designs and assets
- Proficiency in relevant software and design/prototyping techniques
- Boating knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Energetic with a will to succeed. Passionate about design
If you would like to know more about the position please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Meet the man who helped build the world’s longest tunnel
It takes a lot to build the world’s longest tunnel. One man who played a significant role in the Mont Blanc tunnel recounts...
- A girl guide’s mission to promote engineering
Girl Guides around the world are getting more engaged with STEM subjects, with new achievement badges being created for scie...