- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Hardware Design Engineer
An exciting long term contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer to join a leading Automotive Tier 1. Candidates will have proven Circuit design, Analogue, Power & Microcontroller experience.
Hardware Engineer (Contract)
The role requires a strong understanding of high volume electronic design (covering many areas - from microcontrollers to power electronics) and knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes and tools.
What you'll do
As part of this team, you will be involved with:
- Electronic Circuit Design covering a wide range of digital and analogue technologies, for high volume, safety critical automotive control systems.
- Electronic Circuit Analysis (WCCA) using various analysis tools (eg. Excel, Mathcad) and Spice simulation packages (eg. SIMetrix, Multisim)
- Liaison with the relevant subject matter experts/co-ordinators to assist in the development of robust FMEA, FTA and Reliability Analysis in support of ISO 26262 work packages.
- Generation of requirements, design documents and test specifications, in accordance with company procedures and engineering design and development cycles.
- Interface with customers and/or suppliers where required in order to support safe launch
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level (in a relevant subject)
- Experienced in electronic design, analysis and validation in a high volume and/or high reliability market
- Excellent communication skills, particularly reporting
- A good understanding of electronics components and experience in the processes, assembly techniques and testing involved in the volume manufacture of automotive electronics
- Self-motivated and able to work with or without direct supervision
- Willingness to push existing boundaries and learn/develop new skills
- Willingness to support customers, suppliers and support sites (including travel) if required
- Automotive system and design experience (e.g. requirements, processes and tools)
- Experience in key safety analysis processes (e.g. ISO 26262, FMEA, FTA etc.)
Member of relevant professional body (e.g. IET)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Meet the man who helped build the world’s longest tunnel
It takes a lot to build the world’s longest tunnel. One man who played a significant role in the Mont Blanc tunnel recounts...
- A girl guide’s mission to promote engineering
Girl Guides around the world are getting more engaged with STEM subjects, with new achievement badges being created for scie...