- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Programme and Portfolio Manager
Engineering Programme Manager to work on Complex Electronic Automotive Projects. An excellent opportunity to work with a global consultancy.
Based out of Cambridge the Programme and Portfolio Manager role is responsible for the successful delivery of Automotive Technology portfolio of projects to a diverse list of global customers across a broad range of industries and sectors. You will discharge this responsibility through a team of project managers and project co-ordinators who will report to you as their line manager. You will report to the Head of Project Management - Midlands.
As a practising project/programme manager you will also be expected to lead projects yourself, as required by the business.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Line management and development of the project management team
- Driving world class APM oriented PM practices, processes and behaviours
- Being the initial point of contact for escalation of issues on the portfolio of projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the portfolio of projects, supporting and holding the project delivery teams accountable for project performance
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with internal project management processes and procedures, including Product Development System.
- Review and approval of proposal scope of work, timing plans, risk assessments and budgets; ensuring that proposals can be successfully delivered
- Leading complex projects, with full responsibility for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction. This will include leading commercial management of projects
- Depending on the projects and bids worked on, the role will involve some travel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong line management skills with demonstrable experience of developing both team strength and individual capabilities.
- Have extensive experience of leading complex engineering development projects following product development / introduction processes (e.g. Ford GPDS)
- Have proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships
- Be commercially astute with a demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers
- Have a proactive desire to drive continuous improvement.
- Have a professional project management background and be APM qualified (or the equivalent from another professional PM body e.g. PMI)
- Be degree qualified, ideally in an engineering or related discipline; specific knowledge of software and, or, electronics would be valuable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...