- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Project Manager - Material/Baggage Handling
Our client is a growing business with lots of expansion. They have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will have a range of duties from business winning to implementation and project delivery. You must effectively coordinate, manage and allocate resources and ensure open and continuous dialogue with customers. You will take managerial responsibility for project delivery as well as providing expert input and support to the business winning teams on forthcoming projects.
This role will require you to make project time plans, complete risk assessments and oversee project budgets. You will represent the company and handle internal stakeholders and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers as well as customers. By doing so, you ensure successful project deliverables, so the systems we deliver are fully functional.
- Lead and manage projects and coordinate work in the UK and at the Head Office in Italy. Motivate and monitor internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones
- Close collaboration and management of project team including close liaison with Project Engineering Manager and Project Planner to ensure the project is deliver to the highest quality for our customers whilst maintaining the cost, schedule and specification objectives of the projects
- Take responsibility for ensuring that relevant Gate checklists & reports are completed. Prepare regular updates/reports for the project steering committee and product line / business unit management
- Pro-actively manage all project critical paths to ensure that these are constantly tracked to minimise any slippages
- Work with relevant functions (supply chain, manufacturing, product management, production engineering, service, etc) to ensure that the priorities are understood and that capabilities exist across all relevant functions to deliver on time
- Ensure transparency around project change requests, unforeseen results/events and identified Risks and ensure that they are properly managed and communicated. Ensure that all opportunities are captured and acted upon
- Serve as the key contact for stakeholders, and an escalation point for program/project issues. Effectively communicate appropriate information to stakeholders in a timely manner and to achieve desired understanding and support
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the mechanical / electrical and controls aspects and technologies used within the automation environment.
- Experience leading large, complex international projects, taking full delivery responsibility
- Substantial international project delivery experience with demonstrable experience of successfully delivering material handling systems (Baggage Handling / Warehousing)
- Be commercially and financially astute combined with a detailed technical shrewdness
- Communicate effortlessly in English (other languages are a benefit)
- Can travel extensively and sometimes at short notice (>50%)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Meet the man who helped build the world’s longest tunnel
It takes a lot to build the world’s longest tunnel. One man who played a significant role in the Mont Blanc tunnel recounts...
- A girl guide’s mission to promote engineering
Girl Guides around the world are getting more engaged with STEM subjects, with new achievement badges being created for scie...