- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Technical Director (HVDC)
Our Energy client are looking for a Technical Director who has extensive experience covering all aspects of HVDC projects.
- Proven technical capability associated with the design, configuration, manufacture, installation and commissioning of HVDC systems.
- Experience in HVDC systems application at transmission voltage levels up to 500kV, gained within a transmission utility, consultancy or manufacturing environment
- Specific knowledge of HVDC transmission technologies and a thorough understanding of how these technologies influence the operation and performance of the transmission system
- Proven ability of working with internal and external parties, e.g. equipment suppliers, manufacturers, service providers, professional bodies, and working within a strong team-working culture
- Proven ability of communicating complex technical or commercial issues to peers or senior managers
- Proven ability to work in and lead cross functional teams
- Proven ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively
- Proven experience in writing clear and concise documentation
- Responsible for the feasibility design of HVDC systems up to 500kV
- Reviewing in-house designs and those produced by external contractors.
- Experience in the concepts required in the safe design and operation of electrical networks, and development construction.
- Advising on design and design change issues.
- Specialist in an Electrical field but experience and extensive knowledge of other Engineering fields would be advantageous.
- Experience with Construction and Design Management (CDM).
- Ensure that design projects are undertaken by competent personnel and sub-contractors reviewing designs created by others
- Challenging, proposing, agreeing and implementing alternative solutions compared with those dictated by the client specifications, policies, processes and "best practices".
- Accountable for the effective delivery of the assigned tasks and deliverables of projects to time, to the required quality and to budget
- Undertake site visits / non-intrusive surveys as required as part of the design activities or as part of site support
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
- Identification, assessment and adoption of the best technical solution.
- Client Interface management comprising: infrastructure planners, project resource, Direct Labour / Construction team, System Operator, property & consents, procurement and Alliance Delivery Members (ADMs) as well as co-ordinating & attending necessary site meetings.
- Risk and CDM management.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer.
- Experience of computer based calculation packages.
- Member of IET and CIGRE is encouraged
- Providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the project strategy, brief and client requirements
- Continually looking to enhance productivity through improved processes, procedures and systems
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept informed on all relevant matters impacting and influencing projects
- Working to ensure maximum client satisfaction, championing client care and proactively working with the client
- Deliver safe and constructible designs, minimising change and uncertainty during construction stage.
- Reduce costs and programme through innovative design and sharing ideas for repeat application.
- Provide technical expertise to offer alternative more efficient solutions compared with those already used by the client
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Bridge engineering at its best
The newly opened Queensferry Crossing has set new records in bridge engineering within the UK. Find out more about the const...
- The young engineers with winning careers
Every year we sponsor the Transport for London (TfL) Graduate Awards, an event celebrating the abilities and achievements of...