- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Engineer - Validation Specialist
Validation Engineer with experience of validating embedded products required for market leader in the North East of England. Ideally candidates will have Labview experience.
Engineer- Validation Specialist
Job role: 1. Executing validation plans, recording results and creating test reports for product development in the automotive and industrial sectors 2. Validation system specification design, implementation, test and debug 3. Management of outsourced validation including identification of suppliers, controlling validation activities, reviewing and reporting results 4. Requirements analysis 5. Documentation of validation systems 6. Interpreting product specifications to produce validation test plans 7. Ensuring that any development relating to validation systems follows the company quality procedures and meets relevant national and international standards 8. Ensuring all work is carried out safely
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
1. Experience in at least one of the following: hardware, mechanic, environment or software validation. 2. Knowledge of validation embedded products 3. Experience in building validation test systems 4. Experience with controlling the test plans and reporting test results.
Desirable experience and skills:
1. Experience with Vector Tools, BusMaster, TestStand, LabVIEW, C#, C++, COM programming 2. Experience with requirement gathering tools (Cradle) 3. Knowledge of automotive standards and protocols 4. ISTQB Certification 5. Knowledge of ASPICE, ISO26262 6. Basic electrical and electronic knowledge 7. Experience of electric motors
1. Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning, etc. 2. Structured individual with good analytical and problem solving skills 3. Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation 4. Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas 5. Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team. 6. Demonstrate resilience under pressure
1. BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or 2. equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade
Most important thing: Validation of Embedded products, Building Validation tests, Controlling Test plan and reporting results
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?