- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client is a leading automotive testing, design and engineering company. They are looking to hire a Quality Manager to work in a permanent role based in Leyland.
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintain the health and effectiveness of the Quality Management System (covering ISO17025 and ISO9001) to support delivery of exceptional customer service
- Maintain effective records to demonstrate compliance with quality systems
- Manage internal and external audit activities
- Manage procedure review activities
- Maintain records of audits, non-compliances and actions taken to close non-compliances
- Maintain records of procedure reviews and ensure effective communication of procedure changes
- Receive and manage customer feedback and customer complaints through to effective closure
- Elicit customer feedback and record findings
- Maintain skills assessment matrix
- Manage and support the continuous improvement process
- Critically review processes and procedures to identify improvements in the quality of output and efficiency of delivery
- Support the Managing Director and Chief Engineer in the prioritisation of areas for improvement
- Bring together and support teams to address priority areas for improvement
- Monitor and document improvements delivered together with learning points
- Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- Must have experience of running the Quality Management System in an ISO17025 and/or ISO9001 or equivalent environment
- Must have experience of document management within a quality environment
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to maintain compliance with quality standards within a fast moving environment
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent team-working skills and an ability to operate within a matrix structure
- Should have experience within a test environment
- Experience within an engineering service provider would be an advantage
- Required knowledge:
- ISO 17025 Quality Standard - and associated best practise
- ISO9001 Quality Standard - and associated best practise
- Practical application of Lean and 5S principles
- How to get things done
- Desirable knowledge:
- Process mapping
- Problem solving tools
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work with others to achieve demanding objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive in finding solutions.
- Good understanding of H&S practices.
- Analytical thinking.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems
- How to get into automotive engineering
Fancy a career as an automotive engineer? Find out how to get into this exciting line of work from Matchtech Automotive Dire...