- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Quantity Surveyor - Coleshill
My client is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with a Quantity Surveyor for their small works division based out of the Coleshill office.
As Quantity Surveyor you will provide Quantity Surveying services and ensure that all contractual and financial entitlements are fulfilled on multiple small scheme projects.
You will report directly to the commercial manager and duties/responsibilities of this role will include; * Assistance to Project Managers on commercial matters
- Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximise the company's cashflow
- Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
- General commercial management of sub-contractors
- Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
- Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
- Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
- Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
- Liaison and co-ordination to ensure financial report is timely and accurate
- Measure and control key finances
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering background
- Experience in a similar role on multiple small scheme projects
- Knowledge of NEC3 Option C form of contract
- Studying towards membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution
- Educated to B tech - Higher lever (preferably degree level in Quantity Surveying)
- Strong commercial background
- Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies.
- Ability to build and develop relationships with other employees including project managers
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- The skills it takes to become a 3D Modeller in rail
With projects such as HS2 and Crossrail demanding niche engineering skills such as 3D Modelling, ED Murison, Senior Rail Spe...