- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
This is a permanent position based in Shoreham-by-Sea with an Automotive consultancy. It offers a salary of £35,000-£40,000 and other benefits such as pension, Health insurance, life insurance, sick pay and 25 days holiday
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their engine engineering experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on manufacturing environment, producing a very exciting product. Ricardo supplies all engines for McLaren's range of sports and super cars from its Shoreham Technical Centre in West Sussex. This engine has won the prestigious 'Engine of the Year' award in its class for the past three years. This role is key in supporting the ongoing development of this engine in a production environment.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a small team with a broad remit to support the engineering of a very high performance gasoline engine family. As a member of our Product Engineering Team you will provide:
- Engineering insight into engine part and build issues as they occur in production, including at end of line test.
- Root cause analysis and resolution of production, client, warranty and supply chain issues using structured problem solving methods.
- Supporting continuous improvement projects and working through to conclusion with a cross-functional team.
- Support of supplier, client and Ricardo driven Engineering changes through the release process.
- Engineering guidance to the rest of the team, including Production, Process Engineering, Plant Quality and Supplier Quality Assurance.
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate effectively to a broad audience and feedback investigation results at senior levels both internally and externally.
- Proactive in leading investigations and resolving Engineering issues - confidence in delivering tasks on time and to a high standard.
- Powertrain Engineering knowledge, with breadth favouring depth. High personal standards of engineering integrity and the drive to achieve a robust solution
- Fundamental understanding of 8D, FMEA, DVP, structured change control and quality processes.
- Organised, with an ability to multi-task - able to assess, prioritise and respond with urgency to serious issues and balance longer term tasks.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...