- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Planning Environmental Officer SA (Part time)
Our Kent based LPA is looking for a Planning Environmental Officer to join their team on a part time basis for 12 months.
This unique opportunity has arisen due to maternity leave and will provide a suitable candidate with 12 month contract, working around 22 hours per week.
The client is particularly interested in someone with a good skill set and experience of Sustainability Appraisal work and the ability to apply the work completed to date regarding the local plan to future work on this plan, and the draft plan document in due course.
Successful candidates would be expected to demonstrate their experience in dealing with a broad range of environmental issues and have a good understanding of how EIA/SEA is applied and the challenges that the process presents in a planning context. Examples of how these skills have been applied would be particularly valuable.
- To contribute to the preparation of planning policy documents with specific reference to environmental matters. To ensure the implementation, monitoring and review of the environmental aspects of these policy documents.
- To provide expert advice on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Sustainability Appraisal (SA) function to reflect the requirements of current planning legislation and the Strategic Environmental Assessment Directive and, where appropriate, to assist and advise other services on the environmental assessments of their strategies.
- To advise and support development management officers and planning policy officers on environmental issues and on the strategic implications of national guidance as it affects the Borough.
- To disseminate and interpret national legislation, guidance and good practice on environmental planning and climate change as it applies to the planning function. Provide guidance on environmental planning matters and sustainable development to Council members and officers.
This 12 month, part time contract (22 hours p/w) will pay rates between £20 and £32/h.
I have further information available on this, including links to the Interim SA produced for the current local plan process, so if you have any questions, or would like to apply, please call Daniel Baker on 01489 898 975 or email email@example.com.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.