- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Test and Commissioning Manager
We are looking for an experienced Test and Commissioning manager to work on a busy Crossrail project.
Crossrail will deliver a railway that is fully integrated, tested and commissioned at opening. This requires the infrastructure, rail systems, rolling stock, operational procedures and railway staff to deliver a railway that is operable, maintainable and safe, meeting all the performance criteria and other requirements set by the Sponsors. A substantial part of the infrastructure that underpins this success is being installed and commissioning by the C610 Systemwide Mainworks contract.
The C610 Test and Commissioning Manager (C610 T&CM) will be the prime focal point for all T&C activity between C610 and the many other parties that interface with C610, from a design, planning, safety, construction, T&C and assurance perspective. This critical, senior leadership role will be responsible for holding the C610 Main Contractor to account and ensuring that our strategic and detailed T&C plans, and corresponding reports/metrics, are in place, are robust and evolve as required over time
Accountable to ensure that C610 :
- maintains an integrated T&C strategy with supporting, associated plans that support the overall CRL MOHS objectives.
- delivers against those plans, in a safe, timely and cost efficient manner.
- populates and issues its performance T&C and Handover Dashboards in a timely manner, and actions are in place to move RAG items towards green.
- is well represented at the numerous and increasing number of forums.
- has a solid plan that is being enacted for ROGS exemptions, OSP's and other approval processes.
works with other CRL team members to ensure they deliver their parts, to ensure the overall success of the T&C programme.
- Extensive technical knowledge and practical experience of testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning large industrial systems, preferably within the rail industry.
- Substantial knowledge of precedents in the T&C and operations areas and a broad knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
- Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and criteria pertinent to Rail T&C, maintenance, operations, and testing.
- Highly desirable to have practical experience with design, development, configuration, testing of SCADA, fieldbus, PLC, DCS system, and management of such projects.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, collaboration and making things happen.
- Member of a relevant professional institution. Chartered Engineer preferred.
- University degree in an engineering or construction related subject.
- Proven track record of delivering substantial T&C programmes of comparable size & complexity.
- Experience working within the rail industry sector, and delivering rail systems.
- Proven ability to develop, nurture, influence and manage complex and demanding stakeholders. Evidence of personable and effective leadership style.
- Technical familiarity throughout the delivery project lifecycle.
- Evidence of high energy, collaborative, can-do attitude.
Proven ability to develop, nurture & manage complex and demanding stakeholders.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...