- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Civil Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer - Scotland
Our client is recruiting for a Civil Engineer with an interest in Water/Wastewater Engineering to work in their dedicated Design and Build teams currently delivering an expanding workload for our Scottish clients.
You will be involved in existing frameworks which will provide the opportunity to get involved in design aspects through the project lifecycle, i.e. from feasibility design through detailed design to construction. Our client have opportunities based in their offices in the Edinburgh & Glasgow. You will be required to provide support to a Senior and/or Principal Engineer within a design team to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards and that the delivery of all the specified project outcomes are on time, within budget and to the quality required.
You will work on challenging and exciting projects designing excellent services and solutions for our wide client base by assisting the team in all relevant projects and activities to meet internal and client objectives and needs. Working as part of a team, you will acquire a portfolio of technical knowledge and transferable skills that will give you a wide choice of careers options.You will undertake work of a technical nature that falls within the ability and competence of a graduate and work within a team to manage existing projects and help deliver new schemes which meet the business objectives.
What makes this role unique?
In addition to the opportunity to be involved in a dynamic expanding Scottish based design consultancy team we have a strong culture of developing individuals to their full potential, and in supporting them via approved training agreements to reach technician, Incorporated Engineer and Chartered Engineer status, and beyond. This culture has been recognised by the award of Investors in People Gold Status in 2012 and Champion Status in 2013.
You will be working with our own in-house construction team for water projects at all stages from feasibility and optioneering, through to detailed design and construction support
What will this role involve?
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
- Engage in client and third party liaison
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
- Support learning and development opportunities for self and other team members.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified, and Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng/IEng through ICE, or relevant equivalent professional qualification) or approaching achieving relevant professional qualification.Candidates with particular equivalent relevant experience will also be considered.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Demonstrable experience in Water / Wastewater Engineering
- Good written and oral communication and organisational skills and to produce reports in clear concise English
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
- Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Proven enthusiasm to embrace and participate in career development initiatives
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Full Driving Licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...