- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Graduate Quantity Surveyor
As a quantity surveyor you will manage all costs relating to construction projects, seeking to minimise the total cost to the company and maximise the value received, whilst still meeting required standards and levels of quality.
We're currently looking for talented graduate quantity surveyors to join our commercial and wider project delivery team in Whalley, near Blackburn.
As a quantity surveyor you will manage all costs relating to construction projects, seeking to minimise the total cost to the company and maximise the value received, whilst still meeting required standards and levels of quality. If you have a practical mind and strong numerical and financial management skills, a career as a quantity surveyor could be ideal for you.
So, what will you do:
- Be offered key training and opportunities for development.
- Monitor current and future costs.
- Prepare payments and internal cost reports.
- Help us maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Work closely with subcontractors, placing orders and ensuring they meet the needs of the project.
- Carry out monthly valuations and make applications for payment.
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders and interested parties in order to meet deadlines.
- Agree final accounts and report internally on the financial and contractual status of schemes, including completion of monthly financial forecasts.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- A cool head that can work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
- Confidence, motivation, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks and problem-solve.
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to learn.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Good basic IT skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- And the paperwork: a relevant degree such as quantity surveying, construction management, business or maths from within the last three years, plus a full UK driving license.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.