- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our Client is looking for Manufacturing Systems Engineers to design and install manufacturing equipment and assembly production lines. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
You'll work with production managers to design and install new manufacturing equipment and the building of new manufacturing plants as well as being responsible for the total production cycle, from design and development to full production.
Planning, budgeting and resource allocation are also part of the role. You will also assist with the management of each phase of a project, overseeing the work of Manufacturing Engineers.
As a Manufacturing Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Manufacturing experience including manufacturing processes/systems and techniques
- Good knowledge of the aerospace and defence industry
- A methodical approach - Experienced in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
- Minimum of HNC in Manufacturing or Production, Systems Engineering
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
As a Manufacturing Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Building 3D models with computer aided design/manufacture (CAD/CAM) software
- Testing systems and analysing data to work out the most cost effective production methods
- Presenting plans for approval
- Installing new equipment and machinery
- Investigating and fixing production problems
- Drawing up operation and training guidelines
- Responsible for the design, installation and maintainance of the plant's various pieces of equipment and manufacturing systems
- Monitoring systems and machinery used to automated production, such as investigating incidents, breakdowns and delays in the manufacturing
Manufacturing Engineer with knowledge of manufacturing process and systems preferably from an aerospace/defence background
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.