- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our aero-defence client, a market leader with air-to-air refuelling, weapons carriage & release and ground support equipment, have an opening for several Manufacturing Engineers at their specialist facility in Wimborne, Dorset.
Due to expansion of their Manufacturing team, our aero-defence client are recruiting for multiple Manufacturing Engineers to drive process improvement initiatives and root cause and corrective action, whilst ensuring capacity and capability of manufacturing processes and equipment is matched to the business requirements.
As a Manufacturing Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Having held a previous Manufacturing Engineering position within a production organisation or broad based background
- A depth of experience in driving process improvement
- An understanding of current and cutting edge manufacturing processes and equipment
- A solid understanding of DFMA tools
As a Manufacturing Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Acting as a key link in the introduction of process & product knowledge into development programmes
- Providing pro-active input into product development that ensures products are design to cost utilising Design For Manufacture & Assembly principles
- Supporting Program Management in progression and completion of development programs.
- Acting as the Manufacturing Engineering authority on Planning and Producability development programmes
- Ensuring that all ME Lifecycle Management tasks are completed in line with programme timeframes
- Ensuring products are designed for efficient manufacture and assembly,
- Coordinating the completion of a PFMEA and implementation of associated risk reduction activities in line with LCM requirements.
- Defining manufactured recurring costs at the bid stage, and to seek to achieve the target cost reductions through product development and process improvement.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...