- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Systems Safety and Assurance Engineer
Our client are at the cutting edge of autonomous marine systems. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a software safety/assurance engineer to join them in developing this new technology area.
Safety and Systems Assurance Engineer
As a Safety and System Assurance Engineer you will be carrying out a range of safety engineering activities and analyses on all areas of the autonomous marine system, including autonomous behaviours, navigation, command and control, and communication systems. This work will contribute to the development and maintenance of IEC 61508 safety cases and approval by Lloyd's Register, to demonstrate that the safety risk of operating and maintaining this equipment is as low as reasonably possible.
- Developing and implementing a functional safety management system within the organisation.
- Capture, analysis and implementation of customer requirements.
- Definition and review of system and safety requirements (including control strategies meeting industrial standards and legislative requirements).
- Developing functional safety justifications for systems including communications, autonomous vessel operations, and command and control, to support IEC 61508 safety case development.
- Carrying out and analysing results of studies such as failure mode analysis, fault tree analysis, hazard identification and analysis, safety testing, FMEA etc.
- Production and maintenance of Safety Case documentation (plans, policies and reports) to support project milestones.
- Generating and reviewing safety artefacts and deliverables to support system / product SIL (Safety Integrity Level) assessment
- Engaging with third parties such as equipment or system suppliers to gather supporting safety case evidence.
- Engage with the engineering teams to ensure the maximum reuse of ideas, concepts and strategies.
- Produce and review implementation specifications that will be used by the Software Engineering team to produce the required software solutions.
- Work with hardware team to cascade current and future requirements into future hardware programs.
- Organising and chairing hazard identification workshops and safety committee meetings.
- Degree-level qualification in Electronic or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience in safety engineering/ product safety, and activities contributing to the production of safety cases.
- Experience of Software Assurance process.
- Sound theoretical & practical knowledge of functional safety engineering fundamentals.
- Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan, IEC, Mil Stan or similar).
- Ability to develop and implement a functional safety management system within the organisation.
- Ability to carry out SIL (Safety Integrity Level) verification and functional safety audits.
- Awareness of project management fundamentals.
- Awareness of management of change processes.
- Strong process discipline.
- Experience in the robotics and/or maritime industry.
- Experience with embedded systems, controls and electronics (incl. typical communication protocols such as CAN)
- Relevant engineering qualification such as BEng/ MEng or equivalent
- A safety engineering specific qualification is a bonus, but not essential
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering Technology
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...