- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Design Engineer
- Our client is looking for a Highways Engineer to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is INSIDE IR35 (PAYE or via Umbrella Company)
- To support the senior project managers to successfully deliver major highways schemes from inception through to completion. You will occasionally be required to project manage the delivery of smaller scale highways schemes and other projects.
- You will work closely with officers, contractors and elected members to ensure that the highest standards are achieved within the constraints of time and budget.
- Project Management: To provide professional support in the management of major highway schemes supporting the growth and regeneration of area. Work to recognised project management standards (Prince 2) and to the council's own project management requirements. Assisting in the directing, managing and monitoring of external consultants and project staff in the completion of work packages and ensuring targets are achieved.
- Scheme Implementation: To provide professional support through successful project management throughout the life of a project from implementation through to and including construction. Assist in ensuring design and construction works are to programme, within project budget and that risks and benefits are appropriately managed and tracked. Aid the Senior Project Manager in the preparation and assessment of tenders and contract documents with support from legal, procurement, financial and technical teams. Work closely with the relevant technical teams to develop and deliver projects in accordance with the PID. Produce and maintain accurately the Project Initiation Documents (mandate, business case, programme, risk register, budget etc.)
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant related Engineering Degree/Chartered Engineer Status/working towards chartership/Significant Experience
- Membership of appropriate professional body
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and CAD software
- Significant design office experience.
- Sound written and numeracy communication skills able to converse with engineering professionals and the like.
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
- £30.00 - £35.00 p/h LTD via own Umbrella Provider (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.