- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior/Principal Base Engine Analysis
Are you looking for your next role within Automotive?
Based at Ricardo's Shoreham Technical Centre in the UK, your primary role will be to provide mechanical analysis support to design and development projects.
Accountability / Key Responsibilities
* Production of high quality innovative mechanical analysis, using state-of-the-art multi-body dynamics analysis and hand calculations
* Analysis tasks typically include valvetrain kinematic and dynamic simulation, analysis of belt drives, chain drives and gear drives, cranktrain simulation and bearing hydrodynamic analysis, fastener calculations and many other non-standard tasks
* Leading projects in the department which will include mechanical analysis
* Analysing and directing recommendations for problem resolution to the expectation of the client
* Supporting technical proposals and sales bids to client organisations
* Interfacing with internal and external clients to deliver updates, design recommendations and analysis results
* Supervision of junior engineers in delivering value from analysis into engineering projects and ensuring delivery to time, quality and cost
* Maintain awareness of and drive development of industry leading mechanical analysis methods and technologies
* Preparation and maintenance of process documentation associated with the analysis process
* Preparation of detailed technical presentations for both internal and client project engineering review
* Preparation of marketing material to support business development activities
* Significant opportunities for foreign travel and placements if business needs dictate
The ideal candidate would have:
* A good degree in a relevant mechanical subject, e.g. mechanical, automotive or aerospace engineering, engineering physics or mathematics
* Excellent theoretical and analytical skills relating to dynamics and kinematics of mechanisms
* A track record of engineering project / product development, ideally within the automotive or engine development industry, but allied industries (aerospace, rotating machinery) considered
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...