- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Mechanical design Engineer
We are looking for Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of our Hampshire based Marine companies working with a busy consultancy across leisure defence and commercial vessel projects.
The Mechancial Design Engineer will be working on a project by project basis within a busy Mechanical department working on vessel Systems and pipework modelling and draughting and general design work. The company have a number of large projects across the commercial, leisure and defence sector.
We are looking for self-motivated Mechanical Design Engineers who have the ability to manage their time to meet agreed targets and deliverable deadlines.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues across all disciplines.
- Commercial aware, with the ability to ensure that all work is carried out and completed to a high standard and level of detail.
- Advanced skill level in 2D CAD (AutoCAD)
- Experienced skill level in 3D CAD (Rhino)
- Ability to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
- Knowledge of other specialist software would be of an advantage to include Shipconstructor.
- The ability to undertake basic ship design calculations is an advantage.
- Systems and pipework modelling and draughting experience is an advantage.
- Experience of shipyard construction and systems detailing is an advantage.
Happy to have an informal discussion about the role, both permanent and contract opportunities available. Please call for an informal chat 01489 898 156 email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Mechanical Design Engineer
- 3 routes you can take into an HS2 engineering career
There’s more than one route you can take to embark on an HS2 career. Which one will you choose?
- Creating a career as a mechanical design engineer
Want to become a mechanical design engineer? Or progress your career within this field? Read our short article with advice f...