- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Integrated Planning Manager
Southern Water is looking for an experienced integrated planning manager who will take full responsibility for development, implementation, and monitoring of rolling 5 year Investment Plans covering both opex and capex for Wastewater.
Accountable for the development of investment strategies as part of the price review process. Accountabilities include developing, promoting and implementing risk-based totex planning linked to customer outcomes and outputs in terms of whole life cost of service and cost benefit.
Accountabilities include acting as Project Sponsor ensuring investment benefits are achieved at best value to customer, through end to end project management and asset lifecycle process. Nominated manager for building a delivery partner based relationship with Operations, SSP and other interfaced driving performance, efficiency, innovation and collaboration.
Responsible for professional development of the team, succession planning and wider improvement of the Operations Directorate.
* Represents the business to key external regulators, stakeholders, and customers
* Has a relentless focus on customer excellence
* Champions the need for company to meet external expectations
* Fosters pride in the work of the Company and communicates this to external bodies
* Balances the requirements of all stakeholders to achieve most equitable outcome taking into account risk and affordability
* Seeks feedback from external bodies on the extent to which requirements and expectations are being met
* Communicates feedback to individuals and teams.
* Definition, establishment and leadership of integrated planning teams (direct, matrix and Investment Delivery resources).
* Driving excellence in Health and Safety ensuring H&S management within integrated planning is a priority.
* Leading capex and opex definition to ensure that both opex and capex interventions are delivered in line with agreed outcomes.
* Development and implementation of Totex planning within Wastewater.
* Application of Asset standards against risk.
* Implement a risk based approach across Wastewater, ensure network and process are combined into a single catchment plan.
* Development and Implementation of Wastewater Safety Plans.
* Ensuring Wastewater infrastructure is ready and able to meet future demands.
* Development of tactical investment plans to meet business and customer targets
* Ensuring that change control systems are in place and that authority is delegated appropriately for agreeing changes to annual investment plans.
* Defining and delivering a robust approach to the planning and delivery of investment plans.
* Ensuring that programmes and plans are in place to deliver the work in the most effective way providing clear financial & schedule forecasting.
* Ensuring compliance with governance processes is maintained in all aspects of delivery.
* Building strong and effective working relationships with all stakeholders and ensure that teams manage stakeholders effectively.
* Improving and maintaining processes relating to the approval of investment plans and ensure these are completed correctly and that systems are updated.
* Maintaining excellent relationship management with Investment Delivery Board.
* Sponsor for all wastewater schemes, ensuring projects are delivered to time, quality, scope and budget.
* Promoting a team culture of high performance and accountability which includes individual, team development and succession planning activity.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...