- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Chartered Principal Infrastructure Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to provide leadership and direction to a varied portfolio of projects being delivered by the Infrastructure Scotland Team.
In the role, you will take the lead on Highways Design projects including drainage, flood alleviation and general civils from feasibility to implementation stage.
Your training and experience to date should provide you with a robust understanding of the various disciplines that contribute to successful delivery of multi discipline infrastructure and development projects. From your design experience, you will be able to provide informed technical direction to team members under your control and review the quality of their work.
* Lead on the delivery of projects ensuring quality, timely delivery and customer satisfaction are at the forefront.
* Define and manage the project tasks and resource requirements as well as coordinating project staff including chairing meetings, financial reporting as well as line manager duties as and when required.
* Provide technical guidance to the project team and ensure that technical delivery of projects is met to a high standard.
* Lead on the management of risk, health & safety, environmental and quality assurance
* Assist in the growth and development of the Scottish business both externally and internally by building and maintaining strong working relationships.
* Provide direction and support to project team as well as managing and reporting the progress of the project to all stakeholders
* Assist in the management, development and mentoring of staff within the team to achieve high levels of performance and ensure personal professional development targets are met.
* Civil Engineering Degree with over 8 years experience in a civil engineering or project management role.
* Chartered Status and membership with the ICE
* Experienced user of Windes drainage modelling design software and Highway Alignment design software such as 3D Civils or MX.
* Excellent working knowledge of current design standards and in particular DMRB.
* Knowledge of NEC3 contract development, administration and delivery
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues to ensure the smooth and trouble-free delivery of projects and services.
* Good report writing, presentation and communication skills
* Sound knowledge and experience of Project Management procedures including programming, change control processes and resource management. Ideally the candidate will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Projects.
* Previous business development experience including providing technical input to bids and working in conjunction with the Bid Manager as well as proactively sourcing potential new opportunities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Meet the man who helped build the world’s longest tunnel
It takes a lot to build the world’s longest tunnel. One man who played a significant role in the Mont Blanc tunnel recounts...
- A girl guide’s mission to promote engineering
Girl Guides around the world are getting more engaged with STEM subjects, with new achievement badges being created for scie...