- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
As a Product Safety Engineer you will be working on the range of BAE Systems Land (UK) programmes within the Platform & Mission Systems Integration Team in the Future Programmes group.
You will be required to support and provide advice to the projects' Technical Authorities including the generation of safety deliverables required for products and services. This role will also offer you the chance to work with a range of new products being developed by Land (UK).
As a Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the BAE Systems Land (UK) products comply with the necessary legislative and business safety requirements. You will be carrying out various activities to ensure that customer expectations are met in terms of achieving safety requirements against agreed milestones.
You will be working in a proactive role, liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
Objectives include the following:
- Project Safety & Environmental planning and management.
- Writing in-depth Safety Engineering appraisals and reports, including plans and Safety Case reports.
- Undertaking a range of techniques for conducting Hazard Identification, Analysis Risk Assessment and Functional Analysis.
- Creating and maintaining product Hazard Logs.
- Undertaking safety evaluation of engineering designs.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery to meet contractual requirements and achieve key milestones.
- Lead and support reviews with the stakeholder community as appropriate
- Provide safety engineering support and advice
As a Safety Engineer your skills and qualifications must include the following:
- A sound engineering background ideally with a background in defence equipment engineering or products.
- Familiar with current UK MoD defence standards in particular Def Stan 00-56, POSMS, DSA 01.1, JSP 454 and JSP 520.
- Practical application and experience in conducting functional analysis and achieving Safety Integrity.
- Knowledge and experience of applying safety management processes within the CADMID cycle and/or the Systems 'V' model.
- Knowledge and experience in applying a range of analysis techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of producing robust and compelling ALARP and safety arguments.
- Knowledge and experience of deriving and setting safety criteria and requirements.
- Experienced in the production and management of Hazard Logs
- Proven track record of producing technical engineering reports.
- An understanding of safety aspects and completion of assessments for compliance against various UK and EU legislation.
You will preferably also have experience of producing safety cases for the following systems:
- Electro-mechanical actuator systems that result in the movement of large objects that pose safety hazards to user crews,
- Complex weapon systems that exhibit complex system behaviours and hazards.
As a Safety Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include the following:
- Knowledge of the UK MoD in particular the management and support of vehicles and equipment.
- Experience in OME integration.
- Knowledge and experience of product environmental procedures including familiarity with POEMS.
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience within a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience and knowledge of Systems Engineering Lifecycles.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.