- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Flood Risk Modeller
My client provides a diverse range of hydraulic modelling and flood risk management services to clients around the world. That is why they are looking for a Senior Flood Risk Modeller to join their team in Leeds.
You will work closely with their teams of engineers and hydraulic modellers to deliver a wide range of modelling assignments for UK and international clients. You will apply science and engineering principles to improve the natural environment, and provide a systems approach to the analysis of environmental problems and quantitative analysis.
- Relevant academic qualifications (e.g. mathematics, civil engineering, hydrology/hydraulics or other related disciplines)
- Proven track record in delivering hydrological and hydraulic modelling studies for both public and private sector client
- Strong interest in flood risk management and related environmental areas
- Solid understanding of pluvial, fluvial and coastal hydraulic modelling
- Highly competent in modelling and geo-spatial packages such as ISIS, TUFLOW, FEH, ArcGIS, MapInfo
- Desirable that you have experience in other software, including: MIKE, Delft 3D, TELEMEC, CORMIX, NAM, PDM, PRTF
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...