- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Customer Technical Support Engineer Powertrain
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Customer Technical Support Engineer to join this leading automotive testing, design and engineering company. This is a permanent role based in Bedford.
You will be responsible for ensuring the Powertrain Group and Commercial Team are working closely together and have a joint understanding of the strategy to provide excellent customer service. In this role, you will be required to develop a good technical understanding of the Powertrain Group capabilities and be able to interpret technical enquiries and procedures into commercial offerings which can be understood by both commercial and technical stakeholders.
- Supporting and delivering the quote process from within the Powertrain Group
- Interpretation of customer requirements or procedures
- Collation of technical information to produce quotations
- Increase the percentage of quotations which convert to order book
- Support achieving revenue forecast within the Powertrain Group
- Build coalitions across the business to support the delivery of sales targets
- Provide commercial support to the Powertrain Group
- Provide technical support to the Commercial Team
- Able to act as point of contact for customer technical questions
- Degree level or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Test Engineering experience in one or more disciplines relevant to the Powertrain Group
- Preferable but, not essential: sales/business development experience within automotive or transport sector
- Problem solving
- Customer service
- Analytical, using authority and judgement
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Team player
- Works well under pressure
- Shows initiative
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving licence
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this
- Willing to undergo a Basic Disclosure (DBS) check
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems