- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client are a major aerospace technology business currently seeking an experienced software engineer to join them in their Plymouth offices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Software architectural design
- Requirements analysis
- Development of detailed modular design specification for a control and I/O interface layer to enable hosting of a core product on multiple platforms.
- Development of detailed test specifications
- Coding - primarily in C++ and C with some Ada
- Support to the performance qualification testing including the development of test tools.
- Hardware/software integration, including integration with proprietary operating environments, e.g. VXWorks, Greenhills Integrity.
- Generation of documentation to DO178B/C and DOD STD 2167A
- Providing inputs to planning, estimation and project management activities.
The role may include travel to UK and foreign customer sites to support technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
Highly Desirable / Essential Experience
- Strong experience working in a Software Engineering role on real time embedded software ideally in a military or civil aerospace environment.
- Use of high level languages, preferably working with critical safety applications
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
- Experience of product development incorporating software to DO-178B/C standards (desirable)
Useful / Desirable Experience includes at least some of the following:
- Product design and development.
- Inertial navigation
- GPS systems
- Integration of systems, hardware or software with military or civil aircraft
- Design certification to EASA/FAA standards
- International collaboration, multi-cultural team-working
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.