- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Verification, Validation and Test Engineer
Our client are a cutting edge manufacturer of cyber security hardware systems. They are seeking an experienced validation and verification engineer to join their growing business.
As part of the Cyber Security Division the role of Advanced VV&T Engineer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Creation and execution of tests on demand and from analysis, requirements and existing procedures.
- Development of test plans for projects and products; defining phases, events, objectives, resource needs and process adherence in line with overarching project and system engineering management plans.
- Development of test strategies for projects, products and product families; defining test requirements and objectives and groupings.
- Development of test procedures vs. plans and strategies; designed to be adaptable, for automation, repeatability and re-use.
- Consistent, methodical and traceable record of plans, strategies, procedures, results and metrics, e.g. resources needed, time taken.
- Functional test; to verify correct & secure operation, enabling acceptance, e.g FAT.
- Non-functional; e.g. performance, edge cases, load & stress, reliability, usability.
- Qualification test; to satisfy regulatory needs, e.g. safety, EMC, climatic etc. often using external facilities.
- Re-test and regression test; to ensure ongoing quality, e.g. during bug-fix or enhancement activities.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Networking; Serial, Ethernet, WiFi, IPv4, IPv6, IPsec, VLAN, TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS, SNMP, SSH.
- Scripting & test automation; Python, shell scripts (Windows & Linux), other test automation techniques & tools.
- RF electrical measurement; Frequency, noise, power, spectrum; e.g. Agilent, Rhode & Schwartz etc.
Whilst not essential, the following skills are desirable:
- Systems & equipment; Windows & Linux based, major OEMs (Cisco, Juniper etc.),
- Specialist network test; High speed (1G thru 100G), Spirent Test Centre & iTest, Ixia & other specialist providers.
- Test qualifications, e.g. IQSTB Foundation though to Advanced Level etc.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.