- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client is seeking a Chartered Landscape Architect to play a central role in expanding their workload in delivering environmental and regulatory services for a range of public and private sector infrastructure development projects.
As a senior member of the team your role will involve providing landscape architectural services to in-house clients, managing environmental projects, working with other professionals, delegating and providing guidance to junior members of the team. You will work as part of multidisciplinary project teams to promote the incorporation of landscape design for projects such as sustainable drainage schemes and to influence design outcomes. You will be involved in the production of stand-alone reports, landscape information for planning submissions and preparing specialist inputs as part of Environmental Impact Assessment. You should have a sound technical knowledge of landscape specification and implementation of landscape works and be able to provide cost estimates.
Ideally you will also have experience and a good working knowledge of a range of environmental topic areas sufficient to provide environmental advice and deliver EIA work for complex projects which may not have a strong landscape focus.
You will be expected to provide high quality work within agreed timescales, budget and quality frameworks and ensure technical and quality aspects are well managed to deliver innovative solutions whilst ensuring client satisfaction. You will engage in direct contact with clients as well as building and maintaining effective relationships within and outside the company. You must therefore have client facing experience as well as commercial awareness and understanding.
You will be an important member of their expanding environment team based in their head office in Warrington.
Qualifications to be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Hold a post graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture and be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute with a post qualification experience;
- Be experienced in undertaking a range of activities including Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment and landscape master planning for infrastructure projects including energy and water projects;
- Be experienced in designing and implementing landscape works with a sound knowledge in horticulture, as well as having practical on-site experience, involving liaison with contractors;
- Be a highly motivated professional with a desire to grow and promote landscape architecture within a consultancy team and is able to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and clients;
- Be experienced working in a multidisciplinary team, liaising with clients, statutory authorities and other stakeholders;
- Be capable of organising and developing your work with minimal supervision;
- Be commercially aware and able to prepare detailed cost estimates for professional fees for inclusion in tenders/bids and to estimate costs for landscape works; and
- Be proficient in using software packages for report writing and presentation of graphic information, landscape drawings and visualisations e.g. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
Desirable skills include:
- Report writing, in particular compiling the LVIA and non-technical chapters of Environmental Statements/Reports
- Experience of coordinating EIA and management of specialist sub-consultant inputs;
- Mentoring of junior staff generally and supporting them to attain professional chartership e.g. Landscape Institute Pathway to Chartership.
- An understanding of the UK planning system and environmental planning matters would be desirable.
You will also:
- Possess a full current UK driving license; and
- Be committed to personal and continuing professional development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.