- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Electronic Systems Engineer
Real-time embedded systems Engineer, required for a growing Automotive company in Kent. You will help them solve vehicle propulsion challenges to make combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles more efficient and better to drive.
Purpose of Role:
To develop real-time safety critical embedded software, to execute within a passenger car or commercial vehicle Electronic Control Unit, controlling the Powertrain or after-treatment equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties of the role will consist of one or more of the following:
- Developing validation tests for electrical bench, dSpace HiL and vehicle.
- Designing system diagnostics and CAN communication specifications.
- Capturing and analysing customer requirements.
- Designing control algorithms and strategies (using Matlab\Simulink) for autocode generation of production intent code.
- Calibrating sensor interfaces and diagnostic strategies.
- Calibrating servo controls and regulators.
- Supporting system and hardware FMEA.
- Provide expertise for investigations and problem solving activities.
Educated to HND or degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable industry related experience of developing real time embedded control systems.
- Understanding of Matlab-Simulink blocks
- Use of CCP calibration tools (e.g.. INCA, ATI Vision, CANape )
- Experience of defining and developing control strategies in Matlab
- Understanding of Powertrain sensors and actuators (analogue, digital, H-Bridge, CAN based, SENT)
- Understanding of CAN, UDS and J1939 protocols
- Understanding of C code, ASCII and hexadecimal
- Experience of working for a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
- Experience of a production intent auto-coding environment.
- CAN Tools (e.g.. CANAlyzer)
- ClearCase (or similar configuration management tool)
- ISO26262 awareness
Skill and Attributes required:
- Self-motivated with a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to Communicate at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
- The ability to prioritize and organize own workload
This Job description outlines the duties required, it is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the Line Manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. Flexibility is required from all job holders.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?