- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded Systems Engineer
Real-time embedded systems Engineers, required for a growing Automotive company in Kent. You will help them solve vehicle propulsion challenges to make combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles more efficient and better to drive.
Purpose of Role:
To develop real-time safety critical embedded software, to execute within a passenger car or commercial vehicle Electronic Control Unit, controlling the Powertrain or after-treatment equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties of the role will consist of one or more of the following:
- Developing validation tests for electrical bench, dSpace HiL and vehicle.
- Designing system diagnostics and CAN communication specifications.
- Capturing and analysing customer requirements.
- Designing control algorithms and strategies (using Matlab\Simulink) for autocode generation of production intent code.
- Calibrating sensor interfaces and diagnostic strategies.
- Calibrating servo controls and regulators.
- Supporting system and hardware FMEA.
- Provide expertise for investigations and problem solving activities.
Educated to HND or degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable industry related experience of developing real time embedded control systems.
- Understanding of Matlab-Simulink blocks
- Use of CCP calibration tools (e.g.. INCA, ATI Vision, CANape )
- Experience of defining and developing control strategies in Matlab
- Understanding of Powertrain sensors and actuators (analogue, digital, H-Bridge, CAN based, SENT)
- Understanding of CAN, UDS and J1939 protocols
- Understanding of C code, ASCII and hexadecimal
- Experience of working for a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
- Experience of a production intent auto-coding environment.
- CAN Tools (e.g.. CANAlyzer)
- ClearCase (or similar configuration management tool)
- ISO26262 awareness
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.