- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client is currently looking for a Hydrologist with a high level of competency with WINFAP, FEH, Lowflows software gained in industry involvement on flood risk and water resources projects in the UK, to be based in Leeds.
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Hydrologist based in their Leeds office. This is a key role within a growing team working on a range of infrastructure and catchment management projects across the UK and overseas. These projects all have climate change adaptation and resilience as a core aim. A sound understanding of hydrological processes and analysis techniques is an essential success factor for these proposals to be sustainable. My client's hydrology and hydraulic modelling teams provide this insight, and play a key role in the development of sustainable solutions for a wide range of clients, from private developers to government agencies, local authorities and major infrastructure providers.
Reporting directly to the team leadership, alongside existing senior staff, the role will involve leading on a range of technical tasks, mentoring and supervision of more junior staff members, as well as active engagement in skills capacity building in hydrological techniques across the firm.
Requirements and skills
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Degree/MSc in hydrology or equivalent;
- Professional qualification (CEng, CSci) with either CIWEM or ICE or working towards professional status;
- Strong communicator;
- High level of competency with WINFAP, FEH, Lowflows software gained in industry involvement on flood risk and water resources projects in the UK; and
- Passion for the environment and sustainability.
- Desirable skills and knowledge:
- A solid understanding of complementary hydraulic modelling techniques;
- Experience in the use of ArcGIS.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...