- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Embedded Hardware Engineer Battery Management
You will be working on the development of the Battery Management System, taking part in requirements, feasibility, architecture and system design, testing, validation, system optimization, and serial production preparation
* Performing selections of components and developing Schematics and PCB design files for different parts of the system, such as Analog front end for battery cell voltage measurement, linear or switching power supplies, digital low and high current outputs, galvanic isolation interfaces, analog and digital sensor inputs, communication interfaces, processor and control logic, onboard diagnostics, logging memory, etc.
* Participating in the design of components in compliance with the automotive industry standards, in terms of EMC, ESD, safety, vibrations, environmental, and other automotive requirements
* Providing support for embedded Software Engineers during software development
* Working closely with Mechanical Engineers during the integration of the BMS inside of the battery pack housing regarding the positioning, electrical routing, thermal constraints and other environmental requirements
* Providing support to the production and assembly teams during the production of prototypes
* Developing a serial production device, that will require a close collaboration with the production, procurement and industrialization teams to optimize the cost and production effort
* Defining tests and conduct them at the in-house test facilities, external laboratory houses and perform field testing on test vehicles to validate design functionality of the prototypes and the final device
* Master's degree in the relevant field of study
* 3+ years of professional experience in electronics (hardware) development
* Experience with various digital and analog electronics, such as operational amplifiers and their variations for analog signal processing, analog switches and multiplexers, ADCs, linear and switching power supplies, power supply protections, MCUs, logical digital devices, communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, CAN), etc.
* Experience with designing multilayer PCBs (4+ layers)
* Experience with the mechanical integration of the PCBs in the enclosures and the ability to understand mechanical requirements
* Understanding and localizing potential noises and interference sources in schematics and PCBs, and finding solutions to minimize them
* Basic understanding of the general automotive electrical architecture and the typical electrical devices inside of a car is desirable
* Basic knowledge of battery cells and their usage approaches
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...