- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Flood Risk Management Consultant
My client is looking for a Flood Risk Management Consultant for their office in Bedford.
Thier clients include the Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities, and private developers and individuals. They have recently delivered and continue to support a number of major projects for their clients and have a growing workload.
My client is now seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to work alongside their FRM team and deliver a demanding and varied portfolio of work. They are looking for someone with at least 3+ years experience in the industry, preferably with a LLFA/EA or consultancy, who is an ex-cellent communicator and can demonstrate their ability to deliver public sector projects with minimal supervision. They will be conscientious and show reliability and dedication to delivering technical and community focused projects. Ideally the candidate is, or working towards being, a member of CIWEM or ICE.
You should have project management experience and be familiar with PRINCE2 and/or Agile approaches to managing projects.
Whilst the position is based in Bedford, the successful candidate is expected to support projects across the company from our other offices in Durham, Lichfield and Stirling.
Key tasks in this role include:
- Leading Section 19 Investigations
- Preparing feasibility studies and project business cases
- Leading flood defence/mitigation scheme design and project management
- Provide planning consultation responses in relation to flood risk and drainage matters
- Development of Local Flood Risk Management Strategies and policies in ac-cordance with national guidance and local requirements
- Asset register development
- Support the growth of the FRM sector, particularly with local authorities and partner organisations.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.