- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Electromagnetic Design Engineer
A great opportunity to join an automotive supplier in Solihull responsible for delivering brushless DC motors for electric power steering and braking systems.
Activities will include:
- Use finite element modelling and analytical calculations to analyse/optimise motor and sensor magnetic circuits
- Incorporate technology developments into new designs, to improve performance, fault tolerance, controllability, and cost.
- Participate in investigation and solution of production challenges
- Motor topology design using standard software packages
What we are looking for:
- Electrical Engineering or Physics Degree
- Sound knowledge of motor operating and control principles
- Experience of motor electromagnetic design and optimisation
- PhD in electromagnetic / motor design
- Experience of writing computer programs, particularly Matlab.
- Experience of electric drive and motor control concepts for permanent magnet AC machines
- Experience of developing motors for mass production
- Experience of electromechanical components and interfaces, ideally for rotating machines
- Experience of high volume manufacture of electric motors
- Knowledge of fault tolerant machine topolgies and optimsation of machine design for sensorless control
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.