- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Supplier Quality Engineer
This is a permanent position based in Shoreham-by-Sea with an Automotive consultancy. It offers a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 and other benefits such as pension, Health insurance, life insurance, sick pay and 25 days holiday
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key member of a team with a broad remit to support the quality of New Product Introduction across new projects within the Performance Products division of Ricardo. As a NPI Parts/Supplier Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the quality of purchased parts from concept to series production from the suppliers and projects you are assigned. Working alone or leading a small team on designated projects your key objectives will include:
- Supervising and coaching a small team to deliver projects on time and in full
- Supplier Quality Assurance activities within the supply chain including: APQP, PPAP, Supplier assessment audit, surveillance visits
- Creating and managing customer quality requirements
- Generating goods receiving inspection documents
- Series process and part approval
- Working closely with procurement, design and system engineers
- Problem resolution of parts quality issues working with suppliers using 8D and other automotive industry tools
- Management of supplier quality performance, including verification and implementation of corrective actions in pre-series phase
- Managing the parts quality implications of product and process changes
- Reporting status against project targets
- Proactive & reactive supplier improvement activities. Hands-on experience of Lean Manufacturing is preferred but not essential
- Developing and introducing processes Experience of NPI and/or Supplier Quality Assurance or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the supply chain. Preferably within automotive sector but other industries would be considered.
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes
- Some knowledge of automotive technology and product development
- Experience with various manufacturing processes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
- The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated.
- A good communicator with intercultural and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers and clients at all levels
- Knowledge of IATF 16949
- Tenacity, resilience and focus
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- This role involves regular travel to suppliers domestically and internationally.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?