- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
I am looking for an SC cleared Maintenance Manager to manage the provision of maintenance services for a major nuclear defence client,
- To provide a maintenance function that ensures maintenance plans are delivered to meet company business needs
- Ensure service is delivered within budget and time constraints
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of maintenance delivered
- Provide and manage company maintenance delivery required
- Ensure that the site remains within regulatory compliance from a asset perspective
- Lead the development of the maintenance delivery team leaders and craft
- Maintain essential interfaces with and provide necessary support to maintenance technical authorities, project interfaces teams, Asset Maintenance System and Engineering Planning and Facility Engineering functions as required
- Delegate and develop maintenance staff as necessary, identify resource numbers and skills to ensure they are appropriate to deliver functional requirement
- Agree maintenance programmes and schedules with facility management; assist the review and development process regarding the planned maintenance programme
- Ensure delivery of the published and agreed maintenance programme as required by maintenance managers and facility Work Control Centre (WCC) staff
- Confirm and ensure that the documentation package for the execution of the task is suitable and sufficient and approved for use by the facility WCC, including safety and environmental assessments, allocate tasks to Work Supervisory Officer (WSO)
- Bring to the attention of line management, facility management and Principal Asset Engineer (PAE) any matter, revealed during the implementation phase of maintenance delivery that has indicated that the safe operation or the safe condition of the plant may or has been affected
- Ensure a full and accurate report of every Examination, Maintenance Inspection and Test (EMIT) is made by the person(s) performing the task.
- Ensure job dockets are completed with a full and accurate report of the work done and all the necessary information to maintain the objects history.
- Monitor and ensure reasons for waiving or rescheduling maintenance tasks are valid, facility management, facility engineering are advised and informedKnowledge
- Appraise, monitor and arrange staff training to certify the competence of staff in accordance with facility and trade competency assessment requirements
- A broad base of maintenance engineering and maintenance delivery principles
- Extensive experience in maintenance engineering of plant, ideally used in the processing of radioactive and explosive materials
- Broad knowledge of safety management arrangements and systems
- Expert knowledge of Asset Management and maintenance arrangements
- Workplace safety, ONR/regulatory licence conditions, legislative compliance and safety
- Broad and recent experience of operational maintenance service delivery
- In depth and detailed experience in management of maintenance teams
- Authoring and technical report writing of engineering documentation
- Extensive experience in the use of Asset Management Systems for operational purposes
- Participation in Lean Six Sigma process re-engineering events
- Broad experience in line management of operational, technical and craft teams
- Leadership skills with an aptitude for the development of effective team working and empowered delegation
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales
- Decision making skills that have either a high degree of complexity or diversity and takes prime accountability
- Able to build and improve effective internal working relationships at all levels in order to secure best solutions
- To have excellent communication at all levels including Businesses Leaders and Directors
- Able to make systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information and to evaluate solutions
- Capable of creating strategy for current and future business needs
- Able to anticipate problems and develop innovative solutions
- Able to readily adapt and respond quickly to changing situations and the changing needs of others
- Demonstrate ability to lead change by embracing new and different approaches
- Able to inspire confidence and commitment
- High degree of personal drive, good communication and interpersonal skills and a positive and co-operative attitude
- Possess strong motivational skills
- Clear and concise oral and written communications (including report writing)
- Demonstrate commercial awareness skills
- ONC/HNC or NVQ level 3 in engineering discipline or suitable experience gained in an engineering environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?