- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Continuous Improvement Principal Engineer
Southern Water are looking for a Continuous Improvement Principal Engineer to implement the principals of production/manufacturing engineering and industrialised construction and assembly across its project delivery Asset Lifecycle Process.
Southern Water are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement Principal Engineer to implement the principals of production / manufacturing engineering and industrialised construction and assembly across its project delivery Asset Lifecycle Process. This encompasses the processes that we use which align to these principles and also the approach we adopt in terms of providing designs which maximise the use of standard packages and off-site fabrication and onsite assembly. The desire within Southern Water is to move away from the bespoke design and on-site assembly of plant to the selection of standard packages and off-site construction. Whilst the decision to choose to fabricate on-site or off-site is under the direct influence of the construction delivery partners, the Engineering choices can heavily influence the ability to do this and vice versa. Engineers and Designers must now adopt the challenge to push design further such that on-site construction is minimised and to avoid reinventing "products" on an application by application basis.
The key purpose of the role is therefore to:
1. Develop a series of standard designs, products and packages which are fully detailed and readily available to allow rapid deployment during every stage of the project lifecycle. This approach requires engagement with the supply chain who are able to participate in the development, manufacture and delivery of these standardised cost effective products.
2. Promote and develop the application of Design for Manufacture and off-site Assembly (DfMA). This philosophy also means early engagement of the supply chain who are able to participate in the design development and manufacture of these elements.
3. Be responsible to the Innovation & Continuous Improvement Manager to ensure zero accident design by ensuring Health & Safety considerations have been applied in the development of standard products and industrialised construction
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application that you have informed your Line Manager that you are applying for this role.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability; complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), If you do not meet these criteria your application will not be considered.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?