- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Ship Manager (Technical)
Actively seeking a high calibre individual to manage a fleet of high-profile Ro-Ro Passenger Ships and High Speed Craft.
The role will include regular travel across Europe.
- Shall manage the day to day operation of assigned vessels.
- Ensure the safe, economical & efficient technical performance of the vessels in compliance with all Flag, Class & International Statutory requirements.
- Will prepare individual ship running & dry-dock budgets and ensure by careful monitoring budget compliance of assigned ships.
- Will plan and execute all shipboard repairs including annual dry-docks.
- Ensure assigned vessels maintain the Company PMS on board to a high standard.
- Ensure the Purchasing system and delivery of spare parts is managed efficiently and effectively.
- Implement and full promote the Company SMS to all shipboard employees taking an active role in the evolution of the Company QSEMS.
- Be a member of the Emergency Response Team in the event of major incidents.
- Shall visit and travel on Company vessels at regular intervals to ensure the vessels maintained and operated at the required standard.
- Prepare and submit technical reports as required by the Technical Manager and Directors.
- Will take an active role in the promotion of a safe working environment and accident prevention on board and where necessary shall take an active role in investigating accidents and incidents that occur on assigned vessels.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications;
- Must have the right to live and work in the EU without sponsorship.
- First Class Chief Engineers Certificate.
- At least 2 years experience in a Ship Management role as Technical Superintendent or Ship manager is preferred.
- Degree in the field of Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering / Marine Technology / Ship Management or similar is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with Ro-Pax & HSC vessel management highly desirable.
- Previous experience with budget planning and fiscal control is highly desirable.
- Previous sea service in a senior Engineering rank on board Ro-Pax, Ro-Ro, High Speed Craft or Passenger Vessels advantageous.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Health & Travel Insurance.
- Excellent opportunities for career, professional skills and education development.
- Negotiable relocation package if required.
- To be an integral part of a highly motivated team delivering award winning service on board high-profile Ro-Ro passenger vessels.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...